Westminster City Council: Smart Lights
The Smart Lights scheme involves the installation of dimmable electronic ballasts and communicating nodes into each lantern that then links into a central management system that allows for lighting levels to be adjusted remotely and reports on the performance of each lighting unit.
Bouygues Energies & Services delivered the electrical installation of this technology, including:
- Training undertaken in house at Bouygues Energies & Services's state of the art training facility.
- Combined installation with routine maintenance (lamp change and electrical testing).
- Recycling of existing gear trays.
- Activation on site of the system using Harvard Field Tools.
- Lantern warranty.
Benefits for Client
- Potential energy savings of up to 50%.
- Optimised installation & maintenance plan.
- Improved lighting performance information.
- Long term maintenance savings.
- Flexibility to adjust lighting level.
- Increased lamp life.