M5 Junctions 8-14: Communications Infrastructure Upgrade
The Highways Agency required the construction of a communication upgrade around other major schemes on the same network.
Bouygues Energies & Services provided a 54km ducted infrastructure on the M5 Junctions 8 to 14, including the construction of two half size transmission stations, reinforced retaining structure, safety fencing and the associated cabling terminations and testing.
- Provided an alternative solution of fixing ducts to the underside of the bridge beams thus negating the requirement of the BRP panels, reducing costs and alleviating time restrictions.
- Introduced automated traffic management wicket boards which could be triggered remotely, thus reducing the risk to the operatives and increasing our working window.
Benefits for Client
- Phased programme of works around the other major schemes.
- Provided a common trench arrangement for both the BT infrastructure and the HA, whilst segregating the ducts at their own inspection chambers.
- Provided a traffic management programme to facilitate the works.
- Contract duration: